This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Internal use of vsnprintf
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 18:50:21 +0200
- Subject: Internal use of vsnprintf
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I'd like to add an internal use of vsnprintf (to implement a convenience
wrapper for snprintf).
How do I do that? We have an __vsnprintf definition in include/stdio.h,
but I can't find a libc_hidden_proto/libc_hidden_define for it, and I
get a PLT check failure as a result if I use it.
Or should I call _IO_vsnprintf instead (which is what the snprintf
implementation does)? I don't see the usual PLT avoidance stuff in the
sources for _IO_vsnprintf, but it does happen. So how does it work?