This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] nsswitch: Add group merging support
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 22:28:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] nsswitch: Add group merging support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56FA0D7F dot 1080704 at redhat dot com> <1459452723-24814-1-git-send-email-sgallagh at redhat dot com> <20160404192539 dot GB6588 at vapier dot lan> <570D2015 dot 4000709 at redhat dot com> <20160412175335 dot GB6588 at vapier dot lan> <570E62E4 dot 4080100 at redhat dot com> <20160413153216 dot GJ6588 at vapier dot lan> <571075FD dot 7090205 at redhat dot com>
On 04/15/2016 01:02 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> OK, so this is almost about ready to checkin.
> The minor nit is that this patch creates new PLT entries in libc.so.6
> and I need to determine if I can remove those with internal aliases
> (since the nscd code should have recompiled copies and not need the
Stephen, Thank you very much for working on this project!
Checked in for 2.24.
Final version used include/grp-merge.h to remove the PLT entries from
libc.so.6, just standard operating procedure:
#endif /* _GRP_MERGE_H */
This also removes the need for `#include "grp-merge.h"` or other
forms of ""-based include (since you can now use the standard include
dirs to find the file.
Author: Stephen Gallagher <email@example.com>
Date: Fri Apr 29 22:11:09 2016 -0400
NSS: Implement group merging support.