This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
RCS and SCCS keywords
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 22:09:09 +0200
- Subject: RCS and SCCS keywords
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This is about markers such as:
static char sccsid = "@(#)inet_network.c 8.1 (Berkeley) 6/4/93";
Do we want to preserve these keywords? Otherwise, I'd remove them if
while I'm cleaning up other unused/always-used #defines.
Even if we remove them now, they are still available from the history.
Their immediate benefit is unclear because I expect that many of these
files have been edited before they were imported into glibc, so these
markers do not indicate an unambiguous baseline of a file anyway.