This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
question regarding div / std::div implementation
- From: Daniel Gutson <daniel dot gutson at tallertechnologies dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 16:44:34 -0300
- Subject: question regarding div / std::div implementation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
is there any reason that std::div / cstdlib div is not implemented
in such a way that it is expanded to
the assembly instruction -when available- that calculates both the
remainder and the quotient,
e.g. x86' div ?
For example, why not an inline function with inline assembly? Or,
should this require a gcc built-in?