Re: Building tests from multiple object files

On 04/12/2016 02:16 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> writes:

The glibc makefiles do not provide a simple way to assemble a test binary
from multiple object files.  One way to see this is to apply the attached
harmless patch and then run

   make subdirs=elf check

(or whatever you do to run the test suite).  Linking the test fails with:

/home/fweimer/src/gnu/glibc/build/elf/tst-tlsalign-vars.o: In function
`use_errno':
/home/fweimer/src/gnu/glibc/git/elf/tst-tlsalign-vars.c:36: undefined
reference to `__libc_errno'
../Rules:154: recipe for target
'/home/fweimer/src/gnu/glibc/build/elf/tst-tlsalign-extern' failed

The apparent cause is that the second object file for the test was built
against internal glibc headers.

No, the problem is that it is built with MODULE_NAME=libc.  It should be
nonlib, so it needs to be put on test-extras (and on extra-test-objs to
get dependency right).

Thanks, this fixed the build issue for me, also for my actual test.

Florian