This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] glob: Simplify the interface for the GLOB_ALTDIRFUNC callback gl_readdir
- From: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 15:27:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] glob: Simplify the interface for the GLOB_ALTDIRFUNC callback gl_readdir
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <57068276 dot 9000503 at redhat dot com> <20160408184422 dot A74BE2C3B21 at topped-with-meat dot com> <570BD76D dot 5070907 at redhat dot com> <20160411211902 dot 8E34F2C3B22 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On 04/11/2016 02:19 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
I'm not sure whether there
was ever a standard for readdir that said anything about d_ino different
from what the current POSIX.1 says (which indeed disallows d_ino==0
I don't think there was either.
My recollection is that early versions of 1003.1 did not specify
d_ino/d_fileno at all.
Yes, that's right. I just checked, and 1003.1-1988 and 1003.1b-1993 both
specify only d_name.