This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] deprecate libnsl/libnss_*
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse dot de>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 15:25:01 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] deprecate libnsl/libnss_*
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160404134356 dot GA20216 at suse dot de> <5702780D dot 7070208 at redhat dot com> <20160404142237 dot GA20583 at suse dot de> <57062C77 dot 1080103 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, 7 Apr 2016, Florian Weimer wrote:
> libtirpc also pulls in a lot of libraries, which makes it less
> compatible with in-process NSS modules. I think it is generally assumed
If it's visible to an application what libraries were loaded by an NSS
module, I'd consider that to be a bug (bug 16881, I think) - NSS modules
should be loaded in such a way that this is not visible.
> problems due to the additional libraries which it brings in, and the
> late loading of libpthread (in response to a NSS request).
I think we need to fix the issues in libc that break with late loading of
libpthread, so that it can be properly transparent to the application
whether any modules it loads use threads or not. (Bug 16628, I think;
also bug 18192 relates to dlopen of libpthread, and there may be other
such bugs filed as well.)
Joseph S. Myers