This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Treat STV_HIDDEN and STV_INTERNAL symbols as STB_LOCAL
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 13:56:06 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Treat STV_HIDDEN and STV_INTERNAL symbols as STB_LOCAL
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 00 dot 1604042030500 dot 21846 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk>
The code should have comments explaining why visibility is being checked
despite the fact that it ought to be irrelevant. The cleanest way to do
this would be to introduce a macro for the "treat as local?" predicate and
make the cases you touched all use that.
The ELFW and ElfW macros are used with no space before the paren as a
special exception, because they are not normal function-like macros but
rather ElfW(Foo) stands in for Elf32_Foo and ELFW(ST_FOO) stands in for
ELF32_ST_FOO so making them look more like a single token fits better.