This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] deprecate libnsl/libnss_*
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 16:36:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] deprecate libnsl/libnss_*
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160404134356 dot GA20216 at suse dot de>
Thorsten Kukuk <email@example.com> writes:
> I haven't used the libc_hidden_nolink_sunrpc macros, since they,
> like for sunrpc, don't work. The problem is, you have to specify the
> correct version number for this symbol, but the version number is
> different on the different architectures.
The version is a macro that expands to the correct version depending on
the architecture. Use the last version as specified in nis/Versions,
with '.' replaced by '_'.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."