This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Remove union wait
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 11:04:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Remove union wait
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56BE07C8 dot 40205 at redhat dot com> <20160307225511 dot 093E92C3BF5 at topped-with-meat dot com> <56DEA20E dot 3040907 at redhat dot com> <56FBBCAF dot 7090806 at redhat dot com> <20160330223228 dot 6A7382C3C54 at topped-with-meat dot com> <56FC5A6C dot 8090408 at redhat dot com> <mvmy48z5dc2 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <56FD1766 dot 1040609 at redhat dot com>
Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Somehow, the earlier tcsh build failure I saw on the monitor page is
> gone. tcsh has a __GLIBC__ feature check, and should avoid using union
> wait there, but the macro is probably checked without including
> <features.h>, so __GLIBC__ is not defined.
I think you got it backwards. When __GLIBC__ is defined, tcsh
explicitly defines BSDWAIT, which means to use union wait. Handling
__GLIBC__ like __ANDROID__ will fix that.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."