This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] libio: Always use _IO_BUFSIZE for stream buffers [BZ #4099]
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>
- Cc: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 19:13:50 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libio: Always use _IO_BUFSIZE for stream buffers [BZ #4099]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56E17C8E dot 1070209 at redhat dot com> <20160311215230 dot B5AF32C3C1E at topped-with-meat dot com> <56E69B9D dot 3000808 at redhat dot com> <20160318225258 dot 7D1852C3C60 at topped-with-meat dot com> <20160401181958 dot GZ21636 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <56FF1D29 dot 90108 at redhat dot com> <20160402015902 dot GC21636 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx>
> Oh, I totally agree that the kernel is being stupid here. But it's
> also stupid for glibc to honor values that obviously do not make sense
> for the usage case at hand (reading when you can't know whether you'll
> throw most of the result away).
Hence the only actual suggestion I made: apply fixed lower and upper bounds
to the st_blksize value.