Re: deprecated sunrpc and rpc/netdb.h

On 17 Mar 2016 19:41, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > > the smooth transition plan is for tirpc to provide the full API.  if
>
> tirpc should do this. At least I'm not aware about any missing ones.

i've posted in the past (years ago at this point) about some of the parts
libtirpc was missing.

> > > glibc turns off the exported symbols (which --disable-obsolete-rpc
> > > does), then there is no "smooth" transition -- your code fails to link
> > > entirely if you aren't supporting tirpc.  stub headers do not make it
> > > any easier ... if anything, it makes it harder.
>
> The problem is, that glibc neither fully disables rpc nor
> that the NSS functionality can be provided by third party
> implementation.
> But as long as you refuse to dicuss any realistic solution
> to solve this, nothing will change.

i have no idea what you're talking about.  i've already stated a realistic
solution: glibc shouldn't install any rpc/ headers when it's disabled as
all headers/symbols are provided by libtirpc.  you on the other hand have
not said why that's a problem.  vague references to "it's not a smooth
transition" makes no sense as i already said.
-mike