Re: deprecated sunrpc and rpc/netdb.h

On Wed, Mar 16, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> netdb.h provides funcs to map RPC names<->ports and is only useful
> to rpc related code.  if we purge sunrpc code from glibc (which we
> want), then purging the netdb code too makes sense.
> -mike

Correct, but how do you want to handle NSS?
There is a "rpc" entry in /etc/nsswitch.conf and it doesn't
make much sense to copy the whole NSS code into tirpc and
similar libraries.
And how do you want to solve the current problem of
source code breakage with the dummy rpc/netdb.h?

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)