Re: I nominate Florian Weimer as network component maintainer.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 12:07 PM, Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>
>> Stewards,
>>
>> I would like to nominate Florian Weimer from Red Hat as the component
>> maintainer for network. Florian Weimer comes to the glibc community

+1

> I support this.  I look forward to seeing the open "network" bugs brought
> under control over time (currently there are 83 of them, the third highest
> number of any component after libc (203) and localedata (110) - and it
> would not surprise me if this includes duplicates and invalid bugs where
> we've simply lacked the expertise to reach a conclusion that a bug should
> be closed), as well as improvements not related to specific open bugs.

I've not made extensive use of the granted commit privs since my
flurry of localedata work in 2013, but it is my hope to resume more
active work on locales, particularly in the area of helping new
locales get needed commits.  Mike Frysinger (vapier) has done some
very valuable work recently on localedata review and tickets review, I
hope to work collaboratively with him and any other interested parties
to bring down the open bugs numbers for localedata.