This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Please update NEWS when backporting bug fixes to stable branches.
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Libc-stable Mailing List <libc-stable at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 05:13:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: Please update NEWS when backporting bug fixes to stable branches.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56CFFA04 dot 10904 at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 11:08 PM, Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com> wrote:
> When backporting bugs to stable branches please:
> - Create a new point release entry in NEWS if the previous
> release manager has't. I just did this for 2.23.1.
> - Update NEWS with the bug you just fixed. We don't file
> distinct bugs for the point release so you must still
> update those bugs by hand.
> Version 2.23.1
> Security related changes:
> [Add security related changes here]
> The following bugs are resolved with this release:
>  gcc-4.9.3 C++ exception handling broken due to unaligned stack
> This way we'll keep the point releases updated and listing
> the bugs that were fixed by backports.