This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Please update NEWS when backporting bug fixes to stable branches.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Libc-stable Mailing List <libc-stable at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 02:08:52 -0500
- Subject: Please update NEWS when backporting bug fixes to stable branches.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
When backporting bugs to stable branches please:
- Create a new point release entry in NEWS if the previous
release manager has't. I just did this for 2.23.1.
- Update NEWS with the bug you just fixed. We don't file
distinct bugs for the point release so you must still
update those bugs by hand.
Security related changes:
[Add security related changes here]
The following bugs are resolved with this release:
 gcc-4.9.3 C++ exception handling broken due to unaligned stack
This way we'll keep the point releases updated and listing
the bugs that were fixed by backports.