This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Patch] Fix glibc testing with GCC 4.9 compiler
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 18:12:30 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix glibc testing with GCC 4.9 compiler
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <68cad408-de62-4515-98ee-987574823403 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org>
On Thu, 25 Feb 2016, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> - DIAG_IGNORE_NEEDS_COMMENT (5.0, "-Wmemset-transposed-args")
> + DIAG_IGNORE_NEEDS_COMMENT (4.9, "-Wmemset-transposed-args")
Apart from the point that you can't change the __GNUC_PREREQ conditional,
reducing the version in DIAG_IGNORE_NEEDS_COMMENT is always incorrect.
The version there is the *most recent* version for which we know the
pragma was needed - that is, old versions there indicate that the pragma
should be revisited (in cases working around compiler warning bugs) when
that version is no longer supported for building glibc.
Joseph S. Myers