This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [Patch] Fix glibc testing with GCC 4.9 compiler
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 18:12:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix glibc testing with GCC 4.9 compiler
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <68cad408-de62-4515-98ee-987574823403 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <87fuwg3fcb dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de> <1456419316 dot 29579 dot 219 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
* Steve Ellcey:
> On Thu, 2016-02-25 at 17:49 +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> * Steve Ellcey:
>> > I was testing glibc on a machine with GCC 4.9.2 and the tests died due
>> > to a warning in string/tester.c. This routine has a DIAG_IGNORE for
>> > -Wmemset-transposed-args at GCC 5.0 and above but this warning is also
>> > given by my GCC 4.9.2 compiler. This patch fixed the problem for me,
>> > is it OK to check it in?
>> I think this breaks the build for everyone with a 4.9 compiler which
>> does not support -Wmemset-transposed-args. Wasn't this a
>> Debian-specific backport?
> That is possible, I wasn't aware this was a backport.
I looked agained, and yes, it's a backport.
I think this would need a configure check for detection because you
can't infer it from the reported compiler version.