This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Release manager for glibc 2.24?
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 00:04:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: Release manager for glibc 2.24?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56CB1694 dot 6070904 at redhat dot com> <7F9D140C-D395-4A78-AB4A-C98F5C60560A at linaro dot org> <56CB18C9 dot 20906 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1602221826120 dot 2643 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 02/22/2016 01:28 PM, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 2016, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> You did a great job. The fault lies entirely with my confused documentation
>> of the release process, I have added some more [REQUIRED] and [OPTIONAL]
>> markers at every step to clarify what needs to be done and what can be skipped
>> given time constraints.
> I think you need markers to say more prominently what the times at which
> things are needed are. For example, that libc.pot should be regenerated
> and a snapshot sent to the TP immediately after the freeze (it's no good
> if that section isn't noticed until the final release is being made).
Updated. Ordered tasks by distance to release.