This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Release manager for glibc 2.24?
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 18:28:19 +0000
- Subject: Re: Release manager for glibc 2.24?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56CB1694 dot 6070904 at redhat dot com> <7F9D140C-D395-4A78-AB4A-C98F5C60560A at linaro dot org> <56CB18C9 dot 20906 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, 22 Feb 2016, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> You did a great job. The fault lies entirely with my confused documentation
> of the release process, I have added some more [REQUIRED] and [OPTIONAL]
> markers at every step to clarify what needs to be done and what can be skipped
> given time constraints.
I think you need markers to say more prominently what the times at which
things are needed are. For example, that libc.pot should be regenerated
and a snapshot sent to the TP immediately after the freeze (it's no good
if that section isn't noticed until the final release is being made).
Joseph S. Myers