This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 3/5] localedata: CLDRv28: update LC_ADDRESS.country_name translations
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, Keld Simonsen <keld at keldix dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:46:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/5] localedata: CLDRv28: update LC_ADDRESS.country_name translations
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1454998387-26905-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org> <20160209061848 dot GE7732 at vapier dot lan> <20160209072042 dot GG7732 at vapier dot lan> <56B99471 dot 4000709 at redhat dot com> <20160209080011 dot GJ7732 at vapier dot lan> <56BA53A8 dot 2070704 at redhat dot com> <20160209214819 dot GR7732 at vapier dot lan> <56BB8DD6 dot 9020808 at redhat dot com> <20160210201256 dot GA7732 at vapier dot lan> <56BC0DC4 dot 3070404 at redhat dot com> <56BC534B dot 5040306 at redhat dot com> <56BCA2E9 dot 6010407 at redhat dot com> <56BCC81E dot 4070804 at redhat dot com> <56C11AC8 dot 10809 at redhat dot com> <8760xhyp6n dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de>
On 02/22/2016 06:12 AM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Carlos O'Donell:
>> I suggest we continue the work and I will ask FSF legal to comment
>> on the issue of needing an attribution for the use of the Unicode
>> data files. I am still of the opinion that the original statement
>> from the FSF is enough guidance, to continue the work Mike is doing,
>> but it doesn't hurt to get clarification.
> Please also point them out that ISO currently seems to re-sell glibc
> locale data under a restrictive license. This is probably not what
> the FSF wanted to enabled when it disclaimed copyright on glibc locale
Could you expand on this please? What exactly are they doing and how
can I verify this?