This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PATCH: Cast to int32 first when casting pointer to int64
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 16:21:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Cast to int32 first when casting pointer to int64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMe9rOpOdaJhN0U_8xUOyGG0JHeO7k9626=v5hdzgxBroLxkOw at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1211212309380 dot 11924 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOpv3eNQ7=L_4spxkTOVF_vgDXNgh7VXzBCRUyOOtejGyg at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1211212320170 dot 11924 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOouBm0KY7+FcL6vUFazNk_iAmZTkR0uo=e+YYbO7ntwYA at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1211212352020 dot 11924 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <mvm7gpe9f57 dot fsf at g208 dot suse dot de> <CAMe9rOpKao4bXAbX=yJYtZxt=05Onr3UZvh8K+f1hr54O8ZAag at mail dot gmail dot com> <20121126235708 dot 8FC9D2C071 at topped-with-meat dot com>
* Roland McGrath:
> These are new private macros. They don't really belong in any shadow
> version of an installed header. Put them in some purely internal header.
> If there isn't an obvious good choice, libc-internal.h is probably OK.
The problem with this approach is that <libc-internal.h> is now
included everyone on x86_64, causing things to build which break on
most other architectures.
Can we make the macro definition x86_64-only? It is used for i386 as
well, but it's not clear if it's not obscuring real bugs there.