This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] Remove ancient GCC string inlines
- From: Wilco Dijkstra <Wilco dot Dijkstra at arm dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: 'GNU C Library' <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, nd <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 14:03:38 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Remove ancient GCC string inlines
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Nodisclaimer: True
- References: <AM3PR08MB0088C817961C7881045BEC1583A00 at AM3PR08MB0088 dot eurprd08 dot prod dot outlook dot com>,<20160220081111 dot GO19841 at vapier dot lan>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
Mike Frysinger <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 19 Feb 2016 17:17, Wilco Dijkstra wrote:
> > --- a/string/bits/string2.h
> > +++ b/string/bits/string2.h
> > @@ -51,25 +51,6 @@
> > # include <endian.h>
> > # include <bits/types.h>
> endian.h is no longer needed to be included, and the comment above it too.
> although these inline macros don't have __GNUC_PREREQ around them.
I've updated the patch to remove these lines too (the 2nd in the series removes them
anyway). The only use of the macros was inside blocks that based on __GNUC_PREREQ,
so it is safe to remove them.