This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH x86_64] memcpy, mempcpy and memmove IFUNC functions are updated.
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: "Pawar, Amit" <Amit dot Pawar at amd dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 04:35:43 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH x86_64] memcpy, mempcpy and memmove IFUNC functions are updated.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <SN1PR12MB0733F762289EAD811E062B7597A30 at SN1PR12MB0733 dot namprd12 dot prod dot outlook dot com>
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 2:27 AM, Pawar, Amit <Amit.Pawar@amd.com> wrote:
> For memcpy, mempcpy and memove routines, SSS3-Fast_Copy_Backward based implementations are faster on Excavator core CPU. Currently they are not enabled and if enabled requires IFUNC needs to be updated but this may affect the other targets. As per the suggestion, defining new flag (index_Prefer_Fast_Copy_Backward) to select these implementations without affecting other targets for these routines.
> Is this patch OK to commit and if so please do the needful.
Please break your patch into 2 parts, one for PR BZ #18880, which
is the wrong selector, and one for Excavator