This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] intl: reintroduce unintentionally disabled optimization
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 13:31:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] intl: reintroduce unintentionally disabled optimization
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160124000754 dot GA27321 at altlinux dot org> <m27fizbc0k dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org>
* Andreas Schwab:
> "Dmitry V. Levin" <email@example.com> writes:
>> HAVE_BUILTIN_EXPECT macro was removed by commit glibc-2.14-280-g3ce1f29,
>> but then unintentionally reintroduced during merge with GNU gettext
>> 0.19.3 by commit glibc-2.20-324-g6d24885, effectively disabling all
>> optimization based on __builtin_expect. As intl files are also part
>> of GNU gettext, HAVE_BUILTIN_EXPECT macro cannot be removed, so guard
>> its use with _LIBC macro.
> How about defining HAVE_BUILTIN_EXPECT in config.h.in?
Is config.h.in regenerated by autoreconf and similar tools?