This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] CVE-2015-7547 --- glibc getaddrinfo() stack-based buffer overflow
- From: Nix <nix at esperi dot org dot uk>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 01:54:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] CVE-2015-7547 --- glibc getaddrinfo() stack-based buffer overflow
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56C32C20 dot 1070006 at redhat dot com> <56C32DB0 dot 7090409 at redhat dot com> <87k2m3owqt dot fsf at esperi dot org dot uk> <56C4E997 dot 7090700 at redhat dot com>
On 17 Feb 2016, Carlos O'Donell stated:
>> pieces clearly, and ask for help with the one remaining bug in it (a
>> crash in PI mutex unlocking which I have no understanding of whatsoever,
>> but which is clearly caused or provoked by the patch).
Crash identified and fixed. The advantage of coming back to something
with a clear head after years. :)
I'll post the patch series tomorrow, assuming it survives its massive
test matrix overnight.
NULL && (void)