This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: GLIBC 2.23 Update Translations
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:11:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: GLIBC 2.23 Update Translations
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56C621B3 dot 2080603 at linaro dot org> <20160218215100 dot GI7732 at vapier dot lan> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1602182154460 dot 21487 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20160218220616 dot GJ7732 at vapier dot lan>
On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 5:06 PM, Mike Frysinger <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 18 Feb 2016 21:56, Joseph Myers wrote:
> > On Thu, 18 Feb 2016, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > >
> > > have tarballs been generated ? deleting/rewriting tags are generally
> > > harmless in git (unlike branches) because you don't really branch from
> > > a tag, and when you `git pull` it'll just force update.
> > I don't think git pull will update a tag that gets moved.
> i'm 99.9% sure it does
"git tag --help" has an entire subsection which boils down to "git
pull does not update tags, moving public tags is an insane thing to
want to do." "Insane" is its terminology.