This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: GLIBC 2.23 tagging and release
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:49:28 -0200
- Subject: Re: GLIBC 2.23 tagging and release
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56C5BB2C dot 3050009 at linaro dot org> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1602181324560 dot 6649 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
On 18-02-2016 11:27, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 2016, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> As we discussed yesterday  the *only* impeding fix for 2.23 release is
>> the ABI for AArch64 string inlines. The patch is already posted  and
> Florian's NEWS patch for security issues is also required and is duly
> listed under release blockers on the wiki page.
Indeed. Florian, could you please update the NEWS patch?
>> based on both H.J. Lu and Wilco feedback I see this should be accepted.
>> So any impeding reason to not proceed with this? I am planning to push
>> this patch soon and start the release procedures.
> Note that the closing of the bug as fixed with appropriate milestone
> (supposing that patch does indeed fully fix bug 19462) needs to come
> before the insertion in NEWS of the list of fixed bugs generated by
Yes, I am planning to do so (I am testing the patch on the platforms I have