This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: GLIBC 2.23 tagging and release
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 13:27:41 +0000
- Subject: Re: GLIBC 2.23 tagging and release
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56C5BB2C dot 3050009 at linaro dot org>
On Thu, 18 Feb 2016, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> Hi all,
> As we discussed yesterday  the *only* impeding fix for 2.23 release is
> the ABI for AArch64 string inlines. The patch is already posted  and
Florian's NEWS patch for security issues is also required and is duly
listed under release blockers on the wiki page.
> based on both H.J. Lu and Wilco feedback I see this should be accepted.
> So any impeding reason to not proceed with this? I am planning to push
> this patch soon and start the release procedures.
Note that the closing of the bug as fixed with appropriate milestone
(supposing that patch does indeed fully fix bug 19462) needs to come
before the insertion in NEWS of the list of fixed bugs generated by
Joseph S. Myers