Re: GLIBC 2.23 tagging and release

On Thu, 18 Feb 2016, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As we discussed yesterday [1] the *only* impeding fix for 2.23 release is
> the ABI for AArch64 string inlines.  The patch is already posted [2] and

Florian's NEWS patch for security issues is also required and is duly
listed under release blockers on the wiki page.

> based on both H.J. Lu and Wilco feedback I see this should be accepted.
> So any impeding reason to not proceed with this? I am planning to push
> this patch soon and start the release procedures.

Note that the closing of the bug as fixed with appropriate milestone
(supposing that patch does indeed fully fix bug 19462) needs to come
before the insertion in NEWS of the list of fixed bugs generated by
list-fixed-bugs.py.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com