This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.23 release blocker: ABI for AArch64 string inlines.
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, Wilco Dijkstra <wdijkstr at arm dot com>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 16:00:30 -0200
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.23 release blocker: ABI for AArch64 string inlines.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56C49BDC dot 8040309 at redhat dot com>
On 17-02-2016 14:12, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Wilco, H.J.,
> What's the status of the last 2.23 blocker?
> It seems like H.J's alternative proposal is acceptable to Wilco.
> Do we just need some more review to make sure this what we want?
> As an ABI issue it's important we get this right.
If you are referring to  I think it is the right thing at least to
correct the ABI issue.
I am not really convinced if there is any hard performance requirement
for any of the define usage inside glibc. In fact I think it would be
cleaner if we remove all its internal usage and evaluate if the
algorithm performance gains (if any) is indeed meaningful to add such
complexity. However this is a future possible cleanup.