This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix resource leak in resolver (bug 19257)
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 20:17:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix resource leak in resolver (bug 19257)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <mvmr3gmun60 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <56B9DFF9 dot 70504 at redhat dot com> <mvmfux2ujdt dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <56B9E47F dot 6030307 at redhat dot com> <mvm8u2uuiy8 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On 02/09/2016 08:11 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> I just want to avoid future mistakes of this kind.
> The only future is to rewrite the resolver from scratch.
I would always like to see incremental progress for bugs we fix,
and that includes adding enough comments to prevent future regressions
(which may be on release branches which will never get a rewrite).