This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] localedata: convert all files to utf-8
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 16:28:34 -0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] localedata: convert all files to utf-8
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1454973731-7735-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org> <56B960FB dot 5010600 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <20160209044303 dot GC7732 at vapier dot lan>
On 09-02-2016 02:43, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 08 Feb 2016 19:46, Paul Eggert wrote:
>> This looks good. It is almost exactly the localedata/locales subset of my
>> proposed patches in
>> <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-05/msg00554.html>. In the only place
>> where this new patch disagrees with that subset, it is correct (SayÄn) and the
>> earlier patch was wrong (SayÃn) because Emacs misguessed the that file's
>> comments' encoding. Thanks.
> thanks, pushed
> i've also downloaded your patch and applied the ChangeLog parts since
> Roland already said those are "obvious"
> feel like splitting up the rest ?
I do not think this patch fits in any category discussed where we should
lift the hard freeze. Please revert and commit again when 2.24 opens.
This is also valid for CL change (d2bb040b2a2f58b1ef80f01292bd722fce01d36a).