This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] BZ #19590: Fixed build of shared objects that use libmvec.so functions
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrew Senkevich <andrew dot n dot senkevich at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 09:25:07 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] BZ #19590: Fixed build of shared objects that use libmvec.so functions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMXFM3tML81iuKQMKRU-T4Fw0+=sYk0q_BNavMGagt21VcYvzQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOp7BF2avdWbGTbsxuYQV_rmXSxzDUAwz+nHK-GhWqPKJA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMXFM3sG90jn3Em-REfaqtj3OGAjh51OcO=yn1qHqJ4aStkPrg at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1602111641250 dot 29940 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAMXFM3uxH=0DHnwikPjs2AobQ0kxOqKg+j=CuOWX=RLB_i8hxg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 9:21 AM, Andrew Senkevich
> 2016-02-11 19:43 GMT+03:00 Joseph Myers <email@example.com>:
>> On Thu, 11 Feb 2016, Andrew Senkevich wrote:
>>> If we need runtime tests with calls to finite aliases it looks better
>>> to adopt build of existing libmvec tests. We can call finite aliases
>>> in *-wrappers.c and build shared library from them and link with it
>>> test binaries. Is this approach looks OK?
>> I don't think the finite aliases should be considered part of the API to
>> test; it's an implementation detail of the header that they may get
>> referenced in certain circumstances.
> I agree.
>> The relevant thing to test is
>> whether building a program that directly calls the scalar functions, with
>> options such that the calls get vectorized, works (including with variant
>> options for e.g. LTO).
> But it looks more like compiler test, not library. Or do you mean some
> ABI test for vector functions?
> In any case is it necessary for this patch or the following patch is
> Ok for thrunk?
> diff --git a/ChangeLog b/ChangeLog
> index 11c3156..6ebcefb 100644
> --- a/ChangeLog
> +++ b/ChangeLog
> @@ -1,3 +1,9 @@
> +2016-02-10 Andrew Senkevich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> + Carlos O'Donell <email@example.com>
> + [BZ #19590]
> + * sysdeps/x86_64/fpu/svml_finite_alias.S (ALIAS_IMPL): Use PLT.
> 2016-02-04 Rajalakshmi Srinivasaraghavan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * sysdeps/powerpc/fpu/libm-test-ulps: Regenerated.
> diff --git a/sysdeps/x86_64/fpu/svml_finite_alias.S
> index 0062fe4..8314cf4 100644
> --- a/sysdeps/x86_64/fpu/svml_finite_alias.S
> +++ b/sysdeps/x86_64/fpu/svml_finite_alias.S
> @@ -23,8 +23,7 @@
> #define ALIAS_IMPL(alias, target) \
> ENTRY (alias); \
> - call target; \
> - ret; \
> + jmp target@PLT; \
> END (alias)
You need to a test to show your change fixes something.