This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: make tests process failures using cross-test-ssh
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 00:32:34 +0000
- Subject: Re: make tests process failures using cross-test-ssh
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1455142589 dot 29579 dot 39 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1602102248440 dot 11453 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <1455147723 dot 29579 dot 51 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
On Wed, 10 Feb 2016, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > Try making the mounts use acdirmax=0,acdirmin=0 (I'm not sure why that
> > should help with the precise symptoms you mention, but I've known it to
> > help with some NFS coherency issues in testing in the past). (I'm
> > assuming that the NFS file server is the system on which you're running
> > "make check"; both systems using NFS from a third system may have other
> > problems.)
> I am using NFS from a third system on both the host and target machines.
I think that's very hard to make reliable, though setting NFS mount
options on *both* systems to disable as much caching as possible (starting
with acdirmax=0,acdirmin=0) may help.
Joseph S. Myers