This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: malloc cache/trace preview
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, nd at arm dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 13:01:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: malloc cache/trace preview
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201602092251 dot u19MpO5s027665 at greed dot delorie dot com> <56BB2D1B dot 8000804 at arm dot com>
> I think the sbrk in the ctor of the trace tool is not ok,
It's been suggested I switch to mmap(), which makes sense if you want
a whole-program trace buffer. The buffers are going to be huge for
But the tool is intended to run first, using LD_PRELOAD, so there
shouldn't be any malloc activity before it.