This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] BZ #19590: Fixed build of shared objects that use libmvec.so functions
- From: Andrew Senkevich <andrew dot n dot senkevich at gmail dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 19:10:09 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] BZ #19590: Fixed build of shared objects that use libmvec.so functions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMXFM3tML81iuKQMKRU-T4Fw0+=sYk0q_BNavMGagt21VcYvzQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <56BB2835 dot 4050907 at redhat dot com> <CAMXFM3s=W79Wp=os1w0FuybqO8ygpQEz0mT=Q0-NDnX3wZTiPQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <56BB3610 dot 4040907 at redhat dot com>
2016-02-10 16:07 GMT+03:00 Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> On 02/10/2016 01:58 PM, Andrew Senkevich wrote:
>> 2016-02-10 15:08 GMT+03:00 Florian Weimer <email@example.com>:
>>> On 02/10/2016 12:36 PM, Andrew Senkevich wrote:
>>>> #define ALIAS_IMPL(alias, target) \
>>>> ENTRY (alias); \
>>>> - call target; \
>>>> + call target@PLT; \
>>>> ret; \
>>>> END (alias)
>>> This needs a comment why this cannot be a tail call (JMP).
>> Yes, it should be jmp.
> Fine, then you can drop the RET (which was present in Carlos' patch).
>>> Out of curiosity, why is it not possible to avoid this indirection? Why
>>> is this logic required in libmvec_nonshared.a?
>> It is workaround to exclude unnecessary symbol aliases in libmvec.so
>> (BZ #19058).
> Ugh. This is a GCC bug, or a lack of a GCC feature. It needs fixing in
> GCC. Apparently, this hasn't happened for GCC 6. Is there lack of
> agreement that this is a compiler issue?
There are thread about it at
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2015-06/msg00173.html. I will refresh it