This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PING 2][PATCH v3] Add pretty printers for the NPTL lock types
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Martin Galvan <martin dot galvan at tallertechnologies dot com>
- Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar <sid at reserved-bit dot com>, <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, <vapier at gentoo dot org>, Daniel Gutson <daniel dot gutson at tallertechnologies dot com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 13:01:36 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PING 2][PATCH v3] Add pretty printers for the NPTL lock types
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1447768994-5368-1-git-send-email-martin dot galvan at tallertechnologies dot com> <20160209155450 dot GE1904 at devel dot intra dot reserved-bit dot com> <CAOKbPbYPtn5mMpwGGD-HccXnhNz+eymiJ7Xwe_4WOnesYkw5=A at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1602091743430 dot 29757 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAOKbPba5MGw8XCXRSvapfADD1v_0FoVYhUeJUp01YBXyELLMkg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, 10 Feb 2016, Martin Galvan wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 2:48 PM, Joseph Myers <email@example.com> wrote:
> > 1. Work out where you want to run GDB when testing this feature - on the
> > system on which glibc is built (possibly a cross GDB), or on the system on
> > which glibc runs.
> What's the point on cross-testing the printers anyway? They're
The point is that native and cross builds should produce the same results
and run the same tests.
Joseph S. Myers