This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: malloc cache/trace preview
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- Cc: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, nd at arm dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 13:48:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: malloc cache/trace preview
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201602092251 dot u19MpO5s027665 at greed dot delorie dot com> <56BB2D1B dot 8000804 at arm dot com>
On 02/10/2016 01:29 PM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> i think the sbrk in the ctor of the trace tool is not ok,
> if there are malloc calls using brk before that ctor.
> (makes the malloc heap non-contiguous.)
malloc has code to compensate for that. Does it work?
We more or less have to support such use because we expose the sbrk
interface. (Some mallocs complete avoid using sbrk by default.)