This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
malloc cache/trace preview
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 17:51:24 -0500
- Subject: malloc cache/trace preview
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I just pushed to branch dj/malloc two features I've been working on,
for preview and criticism:
First, a per-thread cache that speeds up small (<1024) allocations by
up to 5-10x (average 2x).
Second, the start of a low-overhead workload tracing feature that can
be (eventually) enabled for an existing program to capture its malloc
et al calls and later replay them for benchmarking.