This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 3/5] localedata: CLDRv28: update LC_ADDRESS.country_name translations
- From: Pravin Satpute <psatpute at redhat dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 11:44:47 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/5] localedata: CLDRv28: update LC_ADDRESS.country_name translations
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1454998387-26905-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org> <20160209061848 dot GE7732 at vapier dot lan> <20160209072042 dot GG7732 at vapier dot lan> <56B99471 dot 4000709 at redhat dot com> <20160209080011 dot GJ7732 at vapier dot lan>
----- Original Message -----
>From: "Mike Frysinger" <email@example.com>
>To: "Marko Myllynen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>Sent: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 1:30:11 PM
>Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/5] localedata: CLDRv28: update LC_ADDRESS.country_name translations
>On 09 Feb 2016 09:25, Marko Myllynen wrote:
>> On 2016-02-09 09:20, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> This series is a great initiative, thanks for doing this! I wonder how
>> have you generated the patches, would it be possible to script any of
>> this so that in case CLDR changes in the future we could automatically
>> update glibc locales accordingly then?
>yes, i've written a python file that downloads the CLDR db, loads the
>locale files, and then merges them and checks for differences. i'm in
>the process of trying to extract as much as possible from the CLDR db.
>you can find my in-progress work attached, but i'm not posting it for
>review yet ;).
>i just run it like:
>$ ./cldr.py locales/*
Great to know about this. Looking forward to review your updated script :)