This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix resource leak in resolver (bug 19257)
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 14:10:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix resource leak in resolver (bug 19257)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <mvmr3gmun60 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <56B9DFF9 dot 70504 at redhat dot com> <mvmk2meujgc dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On 02/09/2016 02:00 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Florian Weimer <email@example.com> writes:
>> On 02/09/2016 12:40 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>>> The number of currently defined nameservers is stored in ->nscount,
>>> whereas ->_u._ext.nscount is set by __libc_res_nsend only after local
>> Is it possible to test this without a chroot?
> I don't know how. You need at least one IPv6 nameserver in
> /etc/resolv.conf to trigger the leak.
I tried static linking to override _IO_new_fopen, but I get this:
/home/fweimer/src/gnu/glibc/build/libc.a(iofopen.o): In function
/home/fweimer/src/gnu/glibc/git/libio/iofopen.c:97: multiple definition
t.o:/tmp/t.c:14: first defined here
Any other ideas?