This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix resource leak in resolver (bug 19257)
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 14:00:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix resource leak in resolver (bug 19257)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <mvmr3gmun60 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <56B9DFF9 dot 70504 at redhat dot com>
Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On 02/09/2016 12:40 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>> The number of currently defined nameservers is stored in ->nscount,
>> whereas ->_u._ext.nscount is set by __libc_res_nsend only after local
> Is it possible to test this without a chroot?
I don't know how. You need at least one IPv6 nameserver in
/etc/resolv.conf to trigger the leak.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."