This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] BZ #19575: Clarify status of entries in GB 18030-2005.
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 11:16:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] BZ #19575: Clarify status of entries in GB 18030-2005.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56B8FA69 dot 8030508 at redhat dot com> <87mvrakhab dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org> <56B90D0C dot 7090000 at redhat dot com> <87a8nakfq6 dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org> <56B92BC9 dot 7010103 at redhat dot com> <mvma8naxnxs dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <56B9B942 dot 2030203 at redhat dot com>
"Carlos O'Donell" <email@example.com> writes:
> * charmaps/GB18030: Document PUA to non-PUA equivalents.
This is by no way restricted to GB18030. Several other legacy encodings
also have compatibility mappings that where remapped to official Unicode
points after they have become available. The compatibility mappings are
usually included as comments in the code tables, as glibc can only use
the roudtrip code points.
If you want to add some verbiage, put it in a README.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, firstname.lastname@example.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."