This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: short day translations vs cldr entries
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 10:21:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: short day translations vs cldr entries
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160209075302 dot GH7732 at vapier dot lan>
On 02/09/2016 08:53 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> should glibc localedata conform entirely to what is in cldr ?
> some examples of why i ask this:
> German languages in glibc use:
> but the CLDR uses:
The two-letter abbreviations are correct for day-to-day use. Unless
three-letter abbreviations are required in the glibc context for some
reason, we should switch to the CLDR list.