This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] BZ #19575: Clarify status of entries in GB 18030-2005.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 16:47:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] BZ #19575: Clarify status of entries in GB 18030-2005.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56B8FA69 dot 8030508 at redhat dot com> <87mvrakhab dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org>
On 02/08/2016 04:45 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> "Carlos O'Donell" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> In bug 19575 Florian Weimer asks about the status of the glibc
>> support for GB 18030-2005, since ICU and Emacs produce slightly
>> different results than glibc.
> Emacs uses the same table as glibc.
>> +% The code points from <UFE10> to <UFE19> are a adjustment
>> +% of the GB 18030-2005 standard to account for the fact that
>> +% with Unicode 4.1 support we can now correctly represent those
>> +% entries, which in the standard, used PUA code points.
> There are more differences between GB18030-2000 and GB18030-2005.
This patch is only to clarify why these entries are being mapped
differently than in the original GB 18030-2005 standard.
Does the patch seem suitable to you?