This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] BZ #19575: Clarify status of entries in GB 18030-2005.
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 21:33:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] BZ #19575: Clarify status of entries in GB 18030-2005.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56B8FA69 dot 8030508 at redhat dot com>
On 02/08/2016 09:28 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> In bug 19575 Florian Weimer asks about the status of the glibc
> support for GB 18030-2005, since ICU and Emacs produce slightly
> different results than glibc.
> The following patch adds clarifying comments to GB 18030-2005's
> character map to explain why glibc has the following mapping and
> why it is best-practice.
The comments would probably have helped me to understand the situation.