Re: Linux-abi group

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
> * H. J. Lu:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 11:32 AM, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
>>> * H. J. Lu:

>>> Why can't you use the existing C++ ABI list?  Is there no overlap at
>>> all?
>>>
>> :
>> I wasn't referring to empty class
>>
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2016-02/msg00057.html
>
> But still there is going to be some overlap?

I was told that it didn't belong to C++ ABI.  Please free feel to
raise the this issue with C++ ABI group.

>> I was referring to program properties:
>>
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/generic-abi/fyIXttIsYc8
>
> This looks more like an ELF topic to me, not really ABI.
>
> Please discuss this on a GNU project list because it affects the
> entire GNU project.

gABI is ELF and affects all users, including GNU project, of gABI.
Linux-abi discusses Linux-specific extensions to gABI. It is for tools
like compilers, assembler, linker and run-time.  It isn't appropriate
for any GNU project list.

--
H.J.