Re: A per-user or per-application ld.so.cache?

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
> Under what conditions might it make sense to implement
> a per-user ld.so.cache?

My immediate reaction is that ld.so is already too complicated and I
would hate to see it get even more complicated.  Also, I'd like to
understand why these HPC apps require _thousands_ of DSOs, and what
their lifecycles are; I'm not convinced we even know what the
_problem_ is here, let alone the appropriate solution.

zw