A per-user or per-application ld.so.cache?

Under what conditions might it make sense to implement
a per-user ld.so.cache?

At Red Hat we have some customers, particularly in HPC,
which deploy quite large applications across systems that
they don't themselves maintain. In this case the given
application could have thousands of DSOs. When you load
up such an application the normal search paths apply
and that's not very optimal.

Might it make sense to have a per-user ld.so.cache for
this case? Might we even entertain a per-application
ld.so.cache?