This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] [MIPS] Enable non-executable PT_GNU_STACK support v2
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: Faraz Shahbazker <faraz dot shahbazker at imgtec dot com>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 22:33:20 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] [MIPS] Enable non-executable PT_GNU_STACK support v2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56A15768 dot 20005 at imgtec dot com> <56A157AF dot 8080504 at imgtec dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1601212215030 dot 24424 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <56A6BF93 dot 5010401 at imgtec dot com> <874mdnm08b dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org>
On Fri, 5 Feb 2016, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Faraz Shahbazker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > Check AT_FLAGS bits to decide if the kernel supports a non-executable
> > stack. If not, keep stack executable in spite of permissions requested for
> > PT_GNU_STACK. Increment ABIVERSION to 5 to mark the new behaviour.
> Which means this patch cannot be applied before the IFUNC support is
Indeed, and thus it's blocked on the MIPS binutils IFUNC support, but that
shouldn't stop discussion of the design approach for the
architecture-independent changes (which are the bulk of this patch).
Joseph S. Myers